What are two television shows that are good to write about for a compare/contrast essay?
- Anonymous2 months ago
1. American Idol and The Voice
• Similarity- Both are singing competitions
• Similarity- Both have celebrity judges and amateur contestants
• Difference- American Idol judges the contestants based on the whole package whereas The Voice judges purely judge on the contestants' talent
• Difference- American Idol only allows contestants between ages 15-28 whereas The Voice is open to everybody
2. Riverdale and Pretty Little Liars
I have never watched Riverdale but I do know that it has many similarities to Pretty Little Liars while still being completely different. Both shows deal with stalkers, complicated family trees, secret siblings, a teacher and student affair, and mental facilities. Riverdale's storyline is based a group of high school students trying to figure out the death of their classmate, and Pretty Little Liars' storyline is based on a group of high school girls trying to figure out the disappearance of their best friend Alison while being stalked by and receiving threats from an anonymous figure.
3. Wizards of Waverly Place and Hannah Montana (these are old kids shows, but they have a LOT of similarities yet they are still completely different)
• Similarity- Both are about a double life-- Miley hides her secret identity of Hannah Montana and Alex and her family hide their secret lives as wizards
• Similarity- The side character (Lily in Hannah Montana, Harper in Wizards of Waverly Place) knows about the main character's double life
• Difference- Hannah Montana is closer to reality while Wizards of Waverly Place is a fantasy
• Difference- Miley hides her double life in order to be able to have a normal life as a teenage girl, but Alex hides her double life because wizardry is forbidden to be exposed to the mortal world
- WishmasterRexLv 42 months ago
Write an essay about The Fugitive series compared to a drama series made today.
- 2 months ago
You can compare The Flintstones (prehistoric family) to The Jetsons (modern-age family).
Or maybe two shows about families - one with a traditional family (such as Meet the Goldbergs) and another about a modern family (such as Schitt's Creek).
- Steve GuyLv 52 months ago
Any that are connected either literally or by subject. You could use The Office and Parks and Rec, both created by the same people and filmed the same way but have a lot of differences. Or you could use Brooklyn 99, a funny sitcom about cops, and a serious cop drama, and look the differences in how they’re filmed and how they tackle the same kind of criminal stories. Remember that it’ll probably be easier to write if you use at least one show you’ve seen before and know a lot about.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- KathyLv 72 months ago
MASH and Night Court.
- GypsyfishLv 72 months ago
If I were doing it, I'd compare Friends and The Big Bang Theory. Both are about groups of friends who hang out in each other's apartments. Two apartment are across the hall from each other, and people pop in and out of the apartments because the doors are apparently not locked. There are so many similarities- in Friends, they hang out at a coffee house. In BBT, there are many scenes in the university cafeteria and the Cheesecake Factory. They both create something of a fantasy world, of having friends around all the time, which people sitting at home alone participate in vicariously.
One difference is that Friends was about 3 men and 3 women. BBT for several seasons was 4 men and one woman. Then they expanded the cast, and it became mostly about 3 couples and one spare man (Raj).
- OrlaLv 52 months ago
The Brady Bunch and Shameless.