Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGreen Living · 3 months ago

When trying to save water, is it better to use bottled or tap?

Because using tap could waste water, but the bottles are made of plastic, which isn't good for the environment.

Tap. For one thing, it is much more strictly-regulated than bottled water is. I've seen bottled water that wouldn't even pass WHO standards , which are the most lax I have ever seen. For another, the water isn't "wasted". One way or another, it returns to the environment and eventually gets drunk by somebody else. Once, during a drought, I calculated the amount of water in a stream at the water company's intake. It was almost exactly the same volume that a wastewater treatment plant was putting out upstream.

Not watering the lawn. It is not necessary and is wasting water. If you live in a community where the grass has to be green, move away

Saving water means saving any water including waste water, recycling waste water.

Even the condensate from air-conditioning unit can be used for washing clothes or for gardening. You can save water by capturing and store rain water or snow-melt or flood water in big volume tanks installed overhead on on ground or below ground. You can minimize evaporative loss of water from wells, tanks, pools, lakes,rivers, sea by floating solar power generation units over these water bodies or by using floating covers. Water vapor has to be condensed. Instead of producing crops like sugarcane which consume large amount of water, land area but give the poison named sugar, the farmer can plant crops like sorghum that consume less amount of water and by using micro-irrigation methods or vertical farming. There has to be linking of water from excess area to deficit area. Water is used for generating hydroelectric power and has many other important uses. Water has to be used frugally like a miser, should be captured, stored, recycled and resused.

bottled, tap, same thing- except tap is cheaper

i would just use whatever you want

• arther

refill the same glass jug or bottle and keep it in the fridge 

• Mark

Bingo!  That's what I do...  I also have a tap connection that filters.  So even if I want "cold"  (har har) water, I do it from that.

i think you should use whatever water you want