.

With Covid-19 pandemic going around will a lot of the grade 12 graduates have their diploma exams cancelled?

I have 2 twin nieces both are to graduate this year, they have always had straight A's.

To me it feels like these students are being punished for something they can't control. Who was to know something like this was going to happen?

If the situation causes them to loose out on getting their diploma how can they arrange to get it in the future?

Not having a diploma from an accredited school could close doors. No one wants to make a decision that will reduce kids opportunities.

The school will make adjustments because of the pandemic.  No worries.

I’m a senior in Hawaii and our principal isn’t grading tests anymore, just effort put into the classwork we submit online during our fourth quarter. We’re going to have an online ceremony video and probably will have to just pickup our diplomas. 

• drip

The schools are not going to leave all 2020 high school seniors just hanging, canceling exams doesn’t mean they won’t graduate or get a HS diploma. They and Their parents should be seeking answers. I am sure the schools will inform families of their decision.   

• Edna

They won't lose their diplomas, not even if they can't have a public graduation ceremony. The school will mail their diplomas to them, or they can go to their school and pick them up.

Even if they never get a pretty piece of paper (which is all a diploma really is), it won't matter. Every school keeps a copy of a student's official school transcript, and the transcript shows if they graduated and when they graduated. They can get a copy of their transcript, if they need it for employment purposes. Employers are interested in seeing the transcript; they're not interested in seeing a diploma. ANYBODY can have a diploma printed, even if they never graduate;  you can buy one online. A diploma is proof of nothing.

Your nieces will probably never even look at their diplomas again, after they get them in their hot little hands. They'll probably just throw them in a drawer and never have reason look at them again.

The chinese people from China knew about it, but they don't care about anyone else. There are chinese people who pretend not to know anything about it, but those people started the pandemic. They made it look like they care, but they really don't care how the virus effects China, and the rest of the world.

Unfortunately having a high school diploma doesn't open up doors. Having a college, or university education may open up doors. Being self taught may also open up doors too.

I think they really need to keep on studying even if they can't go back to school.

I graduated from college when I was 21 years old. After I graduated from college, I decided to continue to study on my own. There is a lot a person can learn. I learned a lot, and currently I am using what I learned, so I can create some interesting projects.

Lastly I already passed my twenties.

• Da

Online exams.

Exams are open book anyways

• Da

No, I'm not from Canada. I'm the U.S. and know nothing about Canada's educational system.

A diploma will probably be mailed.  But colleges do not ask for a diploma, they need transcripts which they will have.

You have to find out how the schools are handling this. In the US, where education is very decentralized, some schools have told teachers to give students the grade they had at the time school was cancelled. In others, students are doing assignments online. It's VERY unlikely that a school is going to prevent all grade 12 students from getting their diplomas, or all younger students from moving forward. 

maybe they can do it online

• .

They can do so much online, but the school board canceled the diploma exams