Why do companies treat people who use their corporate Gift card like second class citizens vs using a Credit card?

When using a Gift card for a store. The company already has the money even before you use the gift card. Its already in their bank account simple allocated on the gift card then reallocated to the order you are placing. The credit card they don't get the money until sometimes later and there are chargebacks. Why do they hesitate to take gift card but not credit card?

I recently had a store tell me they would take my order with a credit card then when I told them I was paying their own store brand gift card, they cancelled the order saying it was too risky/dangerous. I'm thinking with the gift card, the store already has the money in their bank account. Maybe the lower end employee don't understand this? 

1. With a credit card, they know that you're deciding to shop there; with a gift card, you might be there only because someone gave you the card.

2. They're considered about theft. Stolen gift cards are a real problem.

Employees do not touch my cards. They have no idea if its gift or credit or debit.

• Erik

They don't.  What happened to you was atypical, or there was something else to the story.