How can I connect this to an HDMI Cord?

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Boy
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

First off, the white adapter on your tv is a DVI connector.

you first need to get an adapter as shown in the picture to convert your dvi connector to a hdmi connector. Then you need to change the source to your dvi source to get hdmi video. If it is a monitor it might recognize the source when you turn it on, if not toggle with the source settings on your monitor.

Attachment image
    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 3 months ago

You sell it, and buy an updated monitor.

• 3 months ago

DVI and HDMI carry the same video signals, 

so all you need is either a suitable cable or a plug adapter. 

However, DVI doesn't do audio, so a separate connection will be needed for that. 

• 3 months ago

You can buy an adapter. If that is a DVI port (make sure you know the version) get a DVI to HDMI converter or whatever that is. If not, you can still get a VGA to HDMI converter. I have both and both work fine. I actually just got the the VGA to HDMI about 2 weeks ago. It was under $10 on Amazon.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • opurt
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

That looks like it may be a DVI-D connector, which means you might be able to use a straight DVI-D to HDMI cable to get a video signal across. It depends on the resolution of the monitor and if the device you're trying to use will recognize it.

• 3 months ago

This monitor can't accept an HD signal, so you can't connect to an HDMI cable. The only way you could is to get an expensive convertor unit to receive the HDMI signal first and then convert that signal into a DVI input. But by the time you did that you might as well have purchased a new monitor that has an HDMI input. The converter would cost ten times as much.

• DCM5150
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

Or you could do like normal people and buy a $5 HDMI-DVI adpater. Sure, the signal quality may be slight degraded (and of course not audio) but you don't need and "expensive convertor" I have one running at this moment

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.