Do people ever assume you went to 2 parks in a different state when you only mentioned that you went to 1 park?

When either my brother or I mention to someone that we went on vacation at Disney World, they automatically assume that we also went to Universal. Neither my brother or I have ever been to Universal. We don’t even mention Universal to them, just Disney. They’ll ask us something along the lines of...What did you do in Universal?, or...Did you go (insert name of place here) in Universal? We had to clarify to them that we didn’t go to Universal. We ONLY went to Disney World.

• MS

I've never encountered that.  When we visit Orlando, we visit one group of parks or the other (Disney or Universal), but not both.  I imagine that there are some who do visit both each time.  So I would guess that the assumptions are largely based on what people themselves do. 

• Cogito

I think it's because most people, especially if they've traveled a long way to get to Orlando, would make the most of their trip and visit all the major theme parks.

Every time I've been to Orlando (four times, from the UK) I've been to all the Disney parks, both Universal parks and also Sea World.

But it's really not a big deal if someone makes that assumption.  All you have to do is tell them that you didn't go to Universal.  Where's the problem?

• MrsSpyro013 months agoReport

Didn’t you even read the last 2 sentences in my description?

some people might assume that

• JJ

Well what's the point of going all the way to Florida if you don't visit the attractions?