Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentTechnology · 6 months ago

Is it impossible to be self-employed?

I hate 9 to 5 office jobs and I want to be my boss

Can I become self-employed or not?

• Judy

You can if you have something to provide that you czn find eneough customers to pay you for, so you can earn a living.  Each of those customers then becomes your boss.

Absolutely yes. Goodluck

• Lili

Do you have an idea for something or a skill you can sell?

That's the way to become self-employed.  Plenty of people do it.

So you will need to have a skill which people will pay for.

No, I was for the last 26 years of my working life. It requires a certain amount of self-discipline that most people don't possess though.

If you can only manage to do what you're told to do, a 9-5 office job is all you'll manage. Do you have any skills that people will pay for? If so, identify your market and promote your business. Eventually, you should have sufficient business coming in to be able to employ other people to do the work while you enjoy the profit. But don't think it will be easy. If you want someone else to take the responsibility, stay where you are.

• Maxi

Yes it is possible............ millions of people are self employed