how can i go for a walk when i'm nervous?

i'm a man aged 42 and i have ptsd and a bad nervous disposition, i used to only go out to the gym to do some swimming, and the gym is just over the road, so it was doable for me.......but now gyms are shut in the midst of the pandemic.....the next best cardio exercise for me is to go out walking....to manage my type 2 diabetes and keep my weight down.......and i'm due to go for my daily walk now............but i'm feeling very nervous about it,  as i get very anxious and paranoid outside....and self conscious about how i look......i'm bald , have a bushy moustache......but always worried that i look different, compared to the average man.........even though my parents tell me i look ok and normal...

how can i calm my extreme nerves and anxiety at having to go out and do my walk? when i suffer ptsd and a very bad nervous disposition?  

i have to go walking for my health, because the gym is shut now.

As difficult as it may be, you need to get your mind off yourself. Most people are ordinary looking, and don't give a hoot how other people look. Just do it! Take the time to be grateful that you are alive and healthy during these difficult times. Think about the blessings that you do have. Maybe find a way to help other people, even in simple ways. It will make you feel so much better.

Put a mask on and go for a walk.  No one will know who is behind the mask (machete is optional).

• Jesere

In the Navy, the barracks , the men's side, knew a guy, bald at 23, but, he had ths upbeat attitude and a great smile. You are he only one of you on this planet. People will remember that guy on the side walk who smiled and said good day. Did you know people can absorb some of your positive energy you release when you do this. They remember the attitude. I am a misfit but I like it. I am me as odd as this will be, take me as I am or scram.

i have ptsd and severe distress around humans and have for 25 years due to abuse. started taking cbd gummies for sleep. they WORK. amazing. i go to a field near a church, or jog inside. i live alone. if i see people i just don't look at them . and keep my distance. biking helped me in the past until an evil person stole it. ill get one again , biking helped me. so did swimming although public pools aren't easy for ptsd sufferers. 

Me too.  Being enclosed like this drives me crazy.  I don't want to do it.  But I must.  I don't have to.  I can go out and I do walk the dog.  And every now and then to the store next door.  But now I may have to stay isolated even from doing that.  And with a heart condition?  Stress and me are not doing all that well.  Managing it under these conditions is hard.  Saying it mildly.  Good luck.