Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

Did you enjoy the Andrew Garfield spiderman movies?

Not yet, But I never seen these two of The Amazing Spider-Man films at a local movie theater. I hope I'll buy them on DVD as soon as possible. Get it?

• Adam

At its core, the first “The Amazing Spider-Man” is a very decent film.  (The second film, not so much.)  Although I personally prefer the original Sam Raimi trilogy and the current MCU films.

The problem is, in retrospect, the "Amazing Spider-Man" films are really little more than a footnote in the wall-crawler's story.  And I think it mainly comes down to the fact that “Amazing” duology were the victim of possibly the worst timing imaginable.  They came out too close to the original Sam Raimi trilogy for many fans to accept them as their own "thing," and also too close to the MCU films that followed.  And as a result...  people have already almost completely forgotten about them.

I grew up watching Tobey. For me, he is the only Spider-man.

Not really and thought they were unnecessary, the raimi trilogy will never be topped.

I found them forgettable.  They were too clinical and obviously written by committee.  There were no real emotional hooks.  The Tobey Maguire movies were much better.

Good movies definitely. Between Andrew Garfield, Tobey Macguire and Tom Holland, I'll say Tobey Macguire is the best Spiderman out of the three for me.

No I was totally Team Tobey. 

I enjoyed his acting, I think he's very talented and gave us an interesting Peter Parker. The movies were good, but as for plot, I preferred the previous ones with Tobey. And Tom Holland did a terrific job as an actual kid as both Peter/Spiderman.

• Nancy

Yeah.  He's a bit ectomorph to be Spidey, though.  I think Tom Holland is doing a far better job of capturing the Spidey vibe from the comics-- less nerdy emo, more quick and cheeky if a bit of bumblingly spastic.  Also, Spidey's in high school and Andrew Garfield was 28 when he filmed his first Spider-Man movie.  He doesn't look 'old', but he definitely doesn't look high school age.  

Do you remember being in high school and seeing movies about high school and seeing that everyone in it was WAY older than you and wondering why they always cast 30-year-olds to play high school kids?  Well, Tom Holland was 20 when he filmed his first Spder-Man movie, but he still very much looked like he could easily still be in high school, cracky voice and all.  He still does.  

• Mark

Not really, not for their artistic integrity, but the fact they felt to make a remake of a remake in 10 years just makes me roll my eye.  I am so tired of how most movies released are "reimaginings" of other movies.