Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

I studied personal training and am certified, but dont want to work at a gym or train people?

Is that weird? I tried to get into it, but did not have the patience for it. 

A lot of gym people, especially other trainers are competitive snobs, and coke ts cancel all the time, are stubborn, and argue.

I did not see guara teed money out of it and hated waiting around in the gym for possible no shows either. I felt like a car salesman even though I'm in shape and have all this knowledge. I stead I settled for crummy jobs like construction or retail. 

I dont even go to a gym anymore.

Is that sad? Or normal?

Edit: why would you ask me what this has to do with fitness?

Not sure why yahoo has so many dumb people answering questions.

Be glad it was not college and a wasted degree. Many people make the wrong career move, or had a bad experience.

For me, medical was not for me even though I studied for it. 

You have to see what you enjoy doing the most.

I am a great chef, but I would not want to spend hours in a kitchen as a job.

Make sense?

Is that wasted talent?

Good question.

• .

No, not weird. I know many trainers who work on their own giving classes or working one-on-one in their home or at the client's home. Many also train virtually via video, phone, email communication with clients (so they can train people anywhere in the world). 

.

A lot of people don't end up working in the profession they went to school/class/certification for. Not sure what your post has to do with Diet or Fitness specifically, but what you describe isn't odd at all.

What does your doctor say???

Anyone planning to follow a weight loss diet is recommended to see their doctor first.

This is doubly importantin the case of a teenager or child who is still developingcand groqing.