promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

I studied personal training and am certified, but dont want to work at a gym or train people?

Is that weird? I tried to get into it, but did not have the patience for it. 

A lot of gym people, especially other trainers are competitive snobs, and coke ts cancel all the time, are stubborn, and argue.

I did not see guara teed money out of it and hated waiting around in the gym for possible no shows either. I felt like a car salesman even though I'm in shape and have all this knowledge. I stead I settled for crummy jobs like construction or retail. 

I dont even go to a gym anymore.

Is that sad? Or normal?

Update:

Edit: why would you ask me what this has to do with fitness?

Not sure why yahoo has so many dumb people answering questions.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Be glad it was not college and a wasted degree. Many people make the wrong career move, or had a bad experience.

For me, medical was not for me even though I studied for it. 

You have to see what you enjoy doing the most.

I am a great chef, but I would not want to spend hours in a kitchen as a job.

Make sense?

Is that wasted talent?

Good question.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, not weird. I know many trainers who work on their own giving classes or working one-on-one in their home or at the client's home. Many also train virtually via video, phone, email communication with clients (so they can train people anywhere in the world). 

A lot of people don't end up working in the profession they went to school/class/certification for. Not sure what your post has to do with Diet or Fitness specifically, but what you describe isn't odd at all.

• 2 months ago

What does your doctor say???

Anyone planning to follow a weight loss diet is recommended to see their doctor first.

This is doubly importantin the case of a teenager or child who is still developingcand groqing.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.