Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Is life in "1st World Countries" hard as well?

I know people say oh, life in 3rd countries are so hard, but I say life in 1st countries are hard as well. I live in Australia, and life here is hard as well. You have to drive to buy goods, you have to earn for a living (like anywhere but still), people have stress, anxiety mental health problems etc etc.

Try being too poor to buy antibiotics and live in a third world country during a pandemic.

Life is hard for most everyone. It's harder for poor people than those that are not. You talk about driving to buy goods. To many, owning any kind of motorized vehicle is only a dream. You are privileged compared to many people in the world and don't even realize it. The people in the United States for example that are considered to be living at or below the poverty level actually have a better standard of living than the average person that lives in a city in France. So no, people that live in 1st world countries don't have it worse than people that live in 3rd world countries. That is only in your imagination and is based on your limited understanding of other countries that are in the world. It's what I would call a limited perspective.