promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

I know ponytail styles are damaging to hair, what are other ways to get it out of the way but protect it?

I have wanted long hair all my adult life and I can never seem to get past shoulder length. Usually it is just a impatient moment or something that makes me get a bob and I am back to growing out but for the last 2 years it has been a battle with taking MTX, a drug I need to survive but it makes me lose hair, not obvious til it starts growing back. I have permanent bangs without having to have them cut and I can tell even though I use the bands with no metal on them, that I pull hair out each time I use them for pony tails. I would reference the following photo but I found it on a google search and don't remember where I got it but basically that is my current hair goal and I probably need to thicken up a couple inches before I could pull it off. I am a super low maintenance girl. Other than at the salon for fun I never blowdry my hair, I only box color it once every 12-14 weeks to cover grays and I only wash it 3 times a week, and condition every day. I am 40 so I don't have a lot of oil like I used to so I can get away with that. Anyway sorry so wordy just looking for tips to protect my hair and get it to grow. Thanks.

Attachment image

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Hello! In terms of protective hairstyles, you could always use a scrunchie instead of a traditional hair elastic; that worked for me in terms of preventing breakage. If that also doesn't work, you could use a large claw clip to loosely secure your hair instead. Another way to keep your hair out of your face while also protecting it would be to use a headband or scarf. As for growing your hair out, you seem like you're doing a pretty good job with taking care of it, but I would also suggest adding some sort of a hair mask to your routine for additional moisture as well as a strengthening serum. Make sure you trim your ends at least every 2 months to prevent split ends as well. Good luck!!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.