izzy asked in HealthWomen's Health · 4 months ago

I think I have a uti. I am self employed and cannot afford health Insurance. Are there any home remedies?! Help!?

Pretty sure I have a UTI. But I don’t have health insurance and can’t afford to go to the doctor. Are there any home remedies that actually work? I’m desperate

Try this:-

- drink plenty of fluid so your urine remains a pale color or clear. Urinating frequently helps to get rid of the infection.

- dissolve two alka seltzer tablets (designed to treat an upset stomach) in a glass of water and drink the mixture at the onset of symptoms. - mix one teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and drink the mixture once a day for 3 days. This relieves the pain.- eat some yogurt containing lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria like dannon. Women who regularly eat it tend to have fewer yeast infections and fewer urinary tract infections.- drink at least two glasses of cranberry juice per day. This increases the acidity of your urine, and prevents the bacteria which causes the infection from clinging to the bladder walls.

- if you're sexually active, abstain from it for now, as it can otherwise make the problem worse.

- if the problem persists, see a doctor. Your GP can help, or if it's a severe case, they may refer you to a urologist for special treatment

Hope this helps.

Source(s): Joey Green's Amazing Kitchen Cures (book).

There's cheap medications at Walmart, plus drink a **** - ton of cranberry juice. works wonders. 

There's medications you can get in stores like Wal-Mart that aren't too pricey and that you don't need a doctor's note for. They should be around the Tylenol and Ibuprofen.

There's the theory that raspberry juice works (it did for me; for others it doesn't).