Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Should I cut off all contact after my father punched my 7 year old son in the face?

My son hates going to see his grandpa. I found bruises on my sons body and on numerous occasions my dad burns cigarettes on parts of his skin. My son also tells me that grandpa starves him and never lets him drink any water. I think my dad also inappropriately touched my son because one time he jokingly slapped my son on the butt while he was walking by and he forcibly tried to kiss my son on the lips when he felt uncomfortable. I am really angry with my dad. I haven’t taken any of his calls and I want him out of me and my son’s life.

i would and i would also tell the police what hes been doing

My question is why didn't you step up sooner? You KNEW beforehand about multiple times of physical abuse, not to mention sexual abuse and you sat back and did NOTHING. You are part of this problem here, you enabled/allowed your father to abuse your child, you failed him IMO.

Better late than never I suppose right? The smart decision would be you not allow your son anywhere near your father.

Turn yourself into the Police for not putting an end to it the first time you discovered any of it.

"on numerous occasions my dad burns cigarettes on parts of his skin"

Wait, what?  This happened more than once?  And you're here asking about cutting off contact when your dad has has physically and sexually abused your son?  I mean, you seriously have to ask?

Get your poor kid into counseling and get your tubes tied.  A mom's first job is to protect her child at all costs, and apparently this flew over your head.

You actually need to ask this, cut him off, call the police and get him prosecuted, he probably does this to other children.

• Kieth

Report it to the police.

• Hannah

Uh, how is this even a question? You need to call the police and never allow your son to be around him again. And I say call the police not only because he deserves to go to jail for what he did to your kid, but he also could prey on other kids and put even more children through the trauma your child suffered.

Social distance him