Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Am I wrong for feeling this way?

Recently I did a mission trip with a close family friend who helped pay for my volunteer fee. She is crazy at times, & gets drunk super easily. (When this happens she becomes very rude, stupid & loud) but she's family.

After a few days, she was getting on my nerves. She's a naturally loud and touchy person, & I NEED personal space. I have panic attacks often & hate being touched. The entire time, she would not stop getting up in my face. I know she wanted to make memories but for me, all she did was completely disregard my boundaries. On top of that, she also loves taking selfies. She would stop me in everything I did to get a selfie with her, (which gets annoying after the 26th one in a day.)

Personal space is a huge thing for me. We worked all day here, and the only alone time I got was in my room. She would always come in to hang with me, but I really need breaks from people sometimes, so I told her why I needed her to give me space. She broke down, saying that she was trying to make memories & that I was being an ungrateful *****, etc. On top of this, she spent the last day drunk out of her mind, and yelling at me and the locals in front of everyone, stuff like "GUYS! (my name) HATES ME! SHE HAS ANXIETY AND NEEDS HER PERSONAL SPACE! + All the other personal info I had trusted her with" (All the while she kept touching me, leading me to become overwhelmed and have a panic attack.)

She wants to go again next year. I want to, but not with her. 

I feel like a bad friend.

Ugh, I would never be friends with someone like that, she seems like a nightmare.