promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Someone will have to explain to me why the Jews get the compassion for atrocities done to them?

When in Deuteronomy and Joshua they killed all including women when they went in invaded a land, killed everything, destroyed everything.............Is this Jehovah God..............tell them to go in and annihilate all and impale the Kings. We might be a little kinder to Hitler, maybe?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

I get your point. Jews practiced genocide, then the holocaust was heaped on them. Both are insufferably wrong from any viewpoint. My concept is that the Old Testament was written to glorify the God of the Jews and prove He was on their side. The Holocaust was not written by migrating tribes in the desert but was recorded and filmed by almost objective journalists.I don't remember being sadder than on the day I toured Auchwiz.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

They wrote the bible.

• 2 months ago

For the same reason that 'you' would get compassion 

if someone unloaded a dozen cartridges of ammo 

into a family reunion that you were having. 

• Sean
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You are misrepresenting the truth here. The Hebrews marched through the desert for many years, and for those years, news of their defeat of the Northern Egyptian army spread throughout the world. In particular, it was a direct source of fear for those in Canaan. God's plagues sent a clear message that the God of the Hebrews was supreme.

In the mentality of people in those days, according to their records, the gods who won in battle, were supreme. The Jehovah God had just demonstrated to the world that he was superior, yet the wickedness of those baby sacrificing, mass-murdering Canaanites still rebelled against their own logic. God directed the Hebrews through the lands of Moab east of the Jordan River. They sent messages of peace to the kings there, that they just wanted to pass through, but those men too were wicked and came out in war against them. THEY ATTACKED, not the other way around. That is why God destroyed everyone and everything because they had become so wicked they couldn't see reason.

Despite God telling the Israelites to destroy all the women and children, and even animals in some examples, the Israelites did not. Many of the families it says were destroyed are later found in scripture, indicating that a remnant of them survived. Why? Well, we can look to the sin of Israel not following God's instructions, which later put them into horrible bondage and suffering at the hands of the very people they spared, and we can also look to the fact that perhaps those remaining few were righteous in their generations and later became a scourge to Israel.

God over the years has always preserved the righteous when put into such situations, so it isn't like he is bloodthirsty. I don't think what we did in terms of punishing Hitler was wrong, and these nations, if you study their evil acts, did far worse than Hitler. If they were around today, they would not be permitted to exist.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You really have a thing for Austria's Adolf the Great, don't you?

• Archer
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Christians also killed everything most of the times too and this is historical where the bible is not.

• 2 months ago

You know Hitler liked to eliminate autistic , lame . crippled and the generally useless

so consider yourself a prime candidate and the Israelite/Hebrew fairy tale is exactly that - a fairy tale .

6,000,000 Israelites leaving with Moses is pure BULLshit since the total population 

of Egyptians was 3,000,000 / 3,500 years ago .

Angels  of Death passing over blood smeared doors is bullshit .

• 2 months ago

No one's gonna waste his time explaining it to you. If you have aks the question, you're too stupid to understand the answer.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Last week, was it?

Wonderful, totally INNOCENT people? 

No warning from God? 

reread it. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Because that was literally thousands of years ago, àsshole.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.