Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 4 months ago

It hurts to wear a bra while pregnant what can I do?

Ever since about 15 weeks it hurts to ware a bra. I've gotten new sets of maternity bras but even they hurt when I ware them a long time. I've almost gotten to the point of not wearing a bra except my nipples stick out so badly. Is their anything I can do to help? 

It sounds like you're wearing the wrong bra size, get a bra fitting done and buy larger bras. 

• Edna

Buy a larger bra. I don't know how good "maternity bras" really are. I never wore one. I wore my regular-style bras the entire time I was pregnant, and they caused me no problems. 

• Jim

Go braless and don't worry about the nipples.

Buy a maternity bra.

Have you had yourself fitted in a store?

• alan P

By a maternity bra do you mean one that has flaps to allow you to feed the baby?  But you don't need those yet anyway just larger normal bras.  If you don't want to wear a bra you could use nipple covers if you are embarrassed by them sticking out.

Maybe a wireless bra will be more comfortable and are you wearing the correct size?, your bra size may have gotten larger.

Don't wear one.