Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

what are the chances of catching the coronavirus if a person who sick is preparing my food ??

It is great that 7-Eleven, taco shops and certain fast food places are open.  My concern is how about the person has the virus and they are preparing your food.  I am not always able and have the opportunity to wait long lines at the grocery store, I am an essential worker.  

Cooking the food would deactivate any virus. I'd be more concerned about the delivery person. Wipe down plastic containers with bleach and wash your hands.

The food industry has been implementing sanitary measures for years, and they've gotten tighter recently.  Your chances of dying from a mosquito-transmitted disease are ten times higher than contracting a virus through fast food.

And seriously, the mosquito thing is real.

The chances are there, simply.

I always think of the Jerry Seinfeld episode when they buy a loaf of bread with a hair in it. So, they try to exchange it and the woman behind the counter is having a coughing fit. Jerry says something like, "Exchange the hair for phlegm." People don't know this but when we are just talking, we are spraying spit out of our mouths. That's why surgeons have been wearing masks for decades.

• mokrie

As long as you take the food out of the bag and the container--toss them out and then wash your hands well, you'll be fine. The food itself cannot infect you since the acid in your stomach will kill any virus on it.