Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 2 months ago

why do people always twist stories to their opinions?

i come from an immigrant family. My parents came to the states with literally nothing and worked 12 hours a day for 30-40 years just to be at the bottom of middle class. Their work ethic is truly credible. I was never given much growing up, shopping on christmas week when everything is sold out and no cable tv while all my classmates enjoyed that luxury, but my parents saved the majority of all their income and bought a house in a nice neighborhood. Peers used to see my house and i always had 20-40 bucks in my pocket for food and drinks in highschool, and than people say that I am bragging about being rich. I am poor. Growing up, some food and chips was happiness to me. I come from generations of not being fortunate to even indulge and wealth and it makes me sick when people dont want my family to do well. what exactly did i do? pull a 20 dollar bill out of my pocket? i was given less than $350 a year growing up in highschool to spend on myself. I had a curfew, had to do chores with no pay...only had money for food and the occasional sneakers.....i get pissed off about how society is sometimes.....

The best thing you can do is live your best life. Frankly, and I don't mean this in a hateful way, what someone thinks of you is not your business. You are never going to change some people's minds, so don't even try. You are just going to make yourself sad and angry. YOU know your worth, and how wonderful your family is, and that is all that matters. Truthfully, I would rather be friends with someone like you, who knows how valuable things really are, than be friends with someone who has been handed everything they ever wanted all their life. Those people are not worth anyone's time, and somewhere down the line, they are going to start learning some really hard life-lessons. You have learnt them, and have benefitted from them. Be happy and successful~ you deserve it.

Stop whining. You sound like an idiot.

• mokrie

Jealousy. Lots of jealousy floating around.

You had it better than I did.