Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 months ago

Dumb question.  Why do condominiums have an entertainment room or community room  yet they have to close down let's say 11:00 pm ??

Who cares if I want to sit on their until 3.00 am or my guest along with me.  We are not disturbing or  bothering anyone. Opens up at 6.00 am yet closed at 11.00 pm then security tells us to leave.  To me make sense if it was open 24 hours long as their no sex, sleeping, drinking, drugs or loud noise going on.  

Even if there is noise the way the room is designed it is virtually soundproof.  A nuclear bomb would have to go out for anybody to hear it.

maybe theyre afraid of who will use that room if they are open all night

• Noise issues and maintaining consistency. If you and your guest sit there and talk, then you could have everyone else bring a guest in there...then it's not going to be quiet at all. This way, there's a nice simple consistent policy that can be enforced uniformly without any discrimination. Don't like it? Move!

• Mark

Management might not want to pay night rate to security to basically babysit.

• martin

Condos have many younger people who might abuse the privilege to have late night parties. Condos have to be run for the good of all.

• Ar

I agree with you.  It happened to my building as well.  Even the gym closes at 11pm.  It has to be with security.  They don't want to get up and check once in a while at night.  

Because unless they pay to put an employee in that room to make sure that the people using it past 11 PM DON'T make noise, how could they be sure that such use won't be a problem for the residents in the building ?