Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 4 months ago

Are milk bath maternity shoots appropriate?

Im 33 weeks pregnant and I did a really nice maternity shoot wearing a silk set of shorts and a bralett that goes with totally covering as much or more than a standard bikini. They came out fantastic and we even did a couple goofy ones. We also just had our bathroom redone so it was a little 2 for 1 and since we are stuck in it seemed like fun.  

Anyway my mother in law is throwing a fit about it because it's risque and shouldnt be posted etc and honestly i put a lot of thought and effort and weighed not doing it all before hand, even planning to do one with the baby after it's born (probably a solo shot of the baby in a little basin being adorable) so it's a little heart breaking to be belittled about it (also not to my face, she sent some very rude messages to my husband about it) and i just wanted a general poll. I guess what I'm asking is are they lewd or tasteless or acceptable or cute?

Thanks for the input. 

Only used about a half a gallon of milk btw 

• LizB

Not my cup of tea, but it's your body and your pregnancy and you can do what you like to commemorate it. If MIL doesn't like it she can just unfollow/unfriend you.

• Edna

What in heck is a "milk bath maternity shoot"?  Did you get into a tub full of milk to take your pictures?

Nobody wants to look at a picture of an almost full-term  pregnant woman in a pair of shorts with her naked belly poking out and in view. Such a picture isn't "lewd", but it's certainly tasteless to anyone who has to look at it. 

Sounds like a waste of good milk.

For your private photo collection - sure - whatever you want.

To post on the internet or share on social media  - NO - tasteless and tacky comes to mind.  

• MissA

Are you normally in the habit of posting pics of yourself in your underwear or in the tub?

Because if not your friends and the internet at large are gonna agree with your MIL. Sorry