promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Yahoo answer question ?

I have another account where I posted something embarrassing and I want to delete it but it doesn’t allow me to. If I delete/disactivate that account will the questions I’ve asked disappear?  

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Favourite answer

You can only delete a question if it has no answers. You just have to select the edit icon and select delete. If the question does have an answer the delete option is removed and the question becomes the property of Verizon. You can see this in the Terms of Service which we all had to agree to.  If you do close your account the questions and answers still remain but there will be no profile associated with it.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Nope Deleting your Account will not get Rid of It

Lv 7
    2 months ago

No. Closing your YA acct doesn't remove your posts. Simply make your profile Anon for that question, as you did here. 

• 2 months ago

The only way would be to report the question as a violation and get others to report. Deleting the account will not do it. A copy of the post belongs to Yahoo/Verizon.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, your old questions and answers remain.

• 2 months ago

it might disappear

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

they might disappear, try it and see

• Sharon
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Your questions will not be deleted. They are the property of Yahoo as soon as you post them, but they will no longer be associated with your account.

• ...Show all comments
    • Diane A
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Yep, they don’t disappear but they someone would have to look for it, what are the odds?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.