Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

when will i be able to pick up my dog from the adoption centre?

so theres this lady thats decided to sell us her dog and she said that we cant have her dog yet due to the corona virus , when is the predicted time that we will get her and estimate will help me put my mind at rest

2 to 6 months, maybe longer.

Are you buying a dog or adopting a dog? I don't see why you couldn't get your dog now. People are turning in their dogs cause of the cost of feeding them while this virus & no body working to by food for the dog(s). I want to adopt now, too but haven't checked it out yet. I know everyone is looking for foster homes for some of these dogs but I don't want to foster, I want to adopt. All the shelters here are closed to the public.

when they tell you that you can

That will depend on where in the world you live, and what your local lockdown instructions are.   In the UK, ONLY essential journeys like shopping (once a week only, if possible), collecting meds, and exercising for an hour (not sitting around or sunbathing either) are permitted so picking up a dog, wherever from, would be against instructions.   And you need to keep the correct distance apart from any 'stranger' too - so quite how you'd collect a dog = unknown.

Adoption centre?  None will want to see you just now.  From a lady selling you her dog - that's NOT adopting from a Centre!

Only in China, where this all began, has lockdown been ended.   And nobody knows when all this will end.   In fact it may well be that we are restricted even further in the UK unless the idiots out there listen to instructions, so we don't face curfew and the military on the streets.

• Stoo

Adoption isn't sale.  You'll pick up the dog when she's ready if it's a sale. 

I just called the lady, and she changed her mind.  She said you can pick the dog up tomorrow.

I don't know what "time that we will get her and estimate" means.