promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

Will cats hurt a newborn? ?

I’m wanting a young adult cat but I’m also pregnant. Will the cat hurt my newborn when they cry? I'm going to be adopting a cat from the shelter. How can I choose the right one for my family? 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I'd leave it until at least after the baby is born. You're going to have enough on your hands anyway.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

That is highly unlikely. Cats only defend themselves when they are threatened. A crying baby is not going to result in an attack by a house cat. A lion or tiger may think of a baby human as potential prey, but house cats do not do that. Cats are scared by high pitched sounds, such as those coming from the motor of a hair dryer or vacuum cleaner, but they will simply avoid those devices, staying away from them, instead of attacking them.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Babies and cats do not go together, cats do not like the sound of a crying baby, and as the child grows up, as a toddler they do not realise that a cat is a living thing and often grab it or pull it's tail, this can result in the cat biting or scratching the small child, wait until the child is about 5 years old before adding a cat to the household.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

ask the shelter to help you with that

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.