promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Is being good often simplified into always being nice/ kind to people no matter what...(please read details)?

For example, you wouldn't be kind to Hitler right? It would be a good thing to want him dead since he oppressed people and was quite psychopathic. It wouldn't be a good thing to be like,'Hi Hitler, how you doing'.

Sometimes being tough, being unkind can be a good thing depending on who you do it to.

I hate how people nowadays tend to think being good is boring and call it 'goody two shoes'.

I also hate how evil or being bad is very often made out to be 'cool' and edgy. In reality, being evil/ bad can be very UGLY.

Do I find photos of children who are dead covered in blood with depressed facial expressions still apparent on their faces cool? No I find it extremely ugly and disgusting how things like this happen.

Update:

You would only be kind to Hitler if he had power over you. But you'd do that out of fear, not out of the goodness of your heart.

Update 2:

I know Jesus said love thy enemy. But I'm not a Christian so I don't buy it. Love a psychopath who would never change and would murder you no matter how kind you were? No thanks

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Yes I agree with you about Hitler.

He was evil and people liked him due to fear.

It makes sense to be kind if it's shown back.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Saying hello is no biggie or acknowledging another human being. A stranger is a stranger and because I’m worldly and street smart, once I get to know someone and sometimes it’s reputation alone, not gossip or clannish behavior, I know if they fit into my lifestyle. Those I perceive one way, may turn your stomach and the reverse is true. I have made many good choices, that I don’t regret but If you have made a series of bad choices, then you probably think everyone does.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.