Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Is being good often simplified into always being nice/ kind to people no matter what...(please read details)?

For example, you wouldn't be kind to Hitler right? It would be a good thing to want him dead since he oppressed people and was quite psychopathic. It wouldn't be a good thing to be like,'Hi Hitler, how you doing'.

Sometimes being tough, being unkind can be a good thing depending on who you do it to.

I hate how people nowadays tend to think being good is boring and call it 'goody two shoes'.

I also hate how evil or being bad is very often made out to be 'cool' and edgy. In reality, being evil/ bad can be very UGLY.

Do I find photos of children who are dead covered in blood with depressed facial expressions still apparent on their faces cool? No I find it extremely ugly and disgusting how things like this happen.

You would only be kind to Hitler if he had power over you. But you'd do that out of fear, not out of the goodness of your heart.

I know Jesus said love thy enemy. But I'm not a Christian so I don't buy it. Love a psychopath who would never change and would murder you no matter how kind you were? No thanks

Yes I agree with you about Hitler.

He was evil and people liked him due to fear.

It makes sense to be kind if it's shown back.

Saying hello is no biggie or acknowledging another human being. A stranger is a stranger and because I’m worldly and street smart, once I get to know someone and sometimes it’s reputation alone, not gossip or clannish behavior, I know if they fit into my lifestyle. Those I perceive one way, may turn your stomach and the reverse is true. I have made many good choices, that I don’t regret but If you have made a series of bad choices, then you probably think everyone does.