Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 months ago

I am going to spend easter (also my birthday) all alone, no friends care or isolation.  no one is as alone or unwanted as me? How do I cope?

I am going to spend easter (also my birthday) all alone, no friends care or know it’s my b’day, semi estranged From family who will send a patronising “happy birthday” non caring text, the only time i hear from them.

They have rejected me as i am not the person they want me to be.

In isolation I meant, I cannot even take myself to a movie!

So so Alone :(

Reported anon.. wtf is your answer meant to be ???

Really pearl?? We are in a pandemic!!

Inane answers not needed

Your interfamily conflict is a separate issue from being on lockdown during pivotal life events. A lot, dare I say MOST of us are having to endure birthdays, anniversaries and key holidays while social distancing. So you probably shouldn't expect much sympathy. I will say that for some of us who still have young children at home your life of solitude actually sounds like a nice vacation ;-)

• Reese

Well it is the same for me and tbh it is AWFUL. I can contact my family but I find them all annoying. I find my parents annoying, my brother annoying and my sister, her partner and three of her four kids annoying, only one of her kids is nice to me, the other three are rude and disrespectful. I am trying to keep busy but it is horrible and I am smoking a lot more. I just want this to be over with.

How do you expect your friends to send birthday wishes if "no friends care or know it's my birthday?"  Tell them it's your birthday for goodness sakes, make a cake, watch a movie.  There are plenty of things you can do.

Focus on the positive aspects of your life and decide how you want to live so you move forward with a freedom and a motivation to enjoy your days. You cannot control or change other people, but you are completely responsible for your own thoughts, behavior and emotions. You can focus on what you perceive as missing, or you can focus on what you have and how you can make important changes to enhance your life. Consider joining online groups where you can meet like-minded people, engage in physical activity to help your body and your mind, make yourself a personal 'To Do' list and gradually check off an item each day. Ultimately, this all comes down to choice and how you want to live your life.

• abdul

My mother was also born on this easter in 1924, and my grandson born on this easter 2009. I'm sorry to hear you'll have to be alone, but these are trying times we are living in. All of us who are still alive are being forced to give up a lot of our regular activities. I hope you survive it and this passes, and you can have a late birthday party this summer.

There are many who are just as alone - and many are lonely.  In my apartment building, a man who live here for 30 years died last year -- they estimate he was dead for nearly 4 weeks before someone complained about the smell.  Sad.

When our "stay home" orders are over, push yourself to become active with job, as a volunteer, church, club or whathaveyou so you don't have to be alone.

maybe you can do some volunteer work so you dont have to be so alone

Hobbies, books, Netflix, phone calls, music just to name a few. Oh, and you can order a cake. Happy Birthday. Stay safe.

• KennyB

Happy birthday.  (Not meant to be patronizing.)  Accept yourself for what you have become and don't let the coronavirus make your isolation be any more painful for you that it is for me - who will also be alone.