Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 months ago

My boss said happy easter to all but me before going on 6 day break. Why was I left out? I’m a good worker and not trouble.?

Was I targetted as I’m over 45?

Not young and under 40 like 80% others?

Is this discrimination??

She is 37

She did not seek everyone out to say it but said it to those nearby as she left.

I was nearby.

In the state where I live even mentioning a religious holiday like Easter could get a boss in trouble.

You have to ask your boss why you were "left out". 

For heaven's sake. I half suspect you of trolling. Your boss did NOT 'target' you. She said a general goodbye as she left.

If you're going to spend your entire life looking out with beady eyes for deliberate insults you're going to be very, very unhappy.Not everything is about you.

There's a pandemic and you're worried about being "discriminated" against?  Maybe she was going to give you a "special" happy Easter but the chance never presented itself.

If you truly feel you have experienced discrimination in your workplace, have a conversation with your Manager and share your observations.  Without asking your Manager directly about his Easter greeting, you can only assume.  Do you have specific evidence about discrimination?  Perhaps you are internally feeling disconnected to your colleagues because what you see as an age difference/different lifestyle and this is manifesting in what you perceive as a particular behavior from your Manager.  Remember, your perception are valid for you but others will not necessarily share your mindset.

Don't stress . . . . Easter is a Christian observance - one of the others will take offense and sue him/her.

maybe you could try saying happy easter to him to see if he gets the hint

Maybe she thinks you're a atheist.

did  you  ask  her?

Yup, pretty clear evidence you're about to be replaced.