Will everyone with a low income get a stimulant check of 1200 dollars within a couple of weeks ?

• Judith

Information seems to change daily.  The last I read, people who have direct deposit will receive checks first - toward the end of April.  The IRS indicated that they will be sending checks out til early September.

I suspect people who filed income tax returns and used direct deposit for refunds will get checks first.

People who receive monthly benefits from the federal government will receive their checks the same way their government checks are issued - either direct deposit if that's what they use or paper checks if they don't use direct deposit.

Paper checks will go out last.  Plus people who haven't filed tax returns and who don't receive a monthly federal benefit of some type will probably have to complete a form which the IRS hasn't yet provided.  When it becomes available it will probably be completed online - but that's just a guess.  You'll get it faster if you are able to use direct deposit.

The checks are starting to go out now I got notification in the email today they're going to go into your bank account by direct deposit if you filed a 2019 or 2018 return if you did not go to the IRS site and file so that you can get your return electronically and not have to wait months and months for a paper check

They keep changing it all the time. But from the latest, it will be everybody with an income under $70,000 year. Wirh an extra $500 per child. I thi k this passed. BOth houses.