promotion image of download ymail app

Anyone in the UK remember what was called cooking cheese.?

You got it from the butcher or grocers. VERY strong smell Far stronger then cheddar. Melted like cheddar. It was called cooking cheese as you didn't need much of it.any idea what it was?

1 Answer

  • denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    When I worked in a supermarket, we used to sell 'processed' cheese, and customers bought it for 'cooking'.

    Also when the packaged cheeses were close to 'use by' dates, we  unwrapped it and grated it together then sold it by weight as ready to use / cook cheese.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.