Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Why are there so many emotionally vampiric and needy women in society ?

Why do women need so much attention, at the detriment to their own and others success? Some women will need nonstop attention from their boyfriends while there boyfriends or husbands are trying to work hard to build their family and pay off the bills. the emotionally needy woman only serves to impede their success for their own personal insecurities. Demanding their boyfriends spend more time with them even if spending more time with them means they end up in debt because she is holding him back form his career and draining his mental stamina to work hard in order to keep her entertained 

I notice a lot of emotionally needy women can’t hold a job and are often stay at home moms and rely on their spouse to pay the bills and lead the family, only making it harder when she constantly needs validation and attention when he is working his butt off trying to provide for the family and also juggle keeping her entertained 

For the longest time I have been alive they have been the fairer sex and always the  victim, sure some are not.  

Why are there so many scumming, sexually abusive, disrespectful men who treat women like ****? maybe these needy women were abused as children by evil men. think about it. 

• D2 months agoReport

They're just feeding the cycle of people treating others like **** causing those people to treat others like ****

I am so happy I am a gay man and I don’t have to deal with this crap. I’m sorry ladies. 

So if you consistently notice these signs during or immediately following your conversation with a certain someone, it's time to seriously consider if they might be an emotional vampire:

Your eyelids are heavy, and you feel ready for a nap.

Your mood takes a nosedive.

You want to binge on carbs or comfort foods.

You feel anxious, depressed, or negative.

You feel put down.

Not sure your bugbear is en emotional vampire exactly? Maybe you're dealing with a psychopath, narcissist, or an old-fashioned manipulator. 

• 2 months agoReport

neighbour bingo! lady on public transport bingo! so many people are like this

I absolutely have no idea. No inkling or anything about that. Its better known as codependency.

• rick

"Emotional Vampire". Helluva an analogy!!! As long as men have blood, women will try to drain every drop of it.

• Rick

Too much of any behavior signals that something's not right.  If her need for attention is overly high, then she'd benefit from speaking with a therapist about it and learning why it's like that.

Some men become workaholics and ignore their wife's needs.  Because of this, they become easily irritated when the wife starts asking for more attention that they're willing to give.

But if this is a new situation, it could be because of Covid causing people to have to stay at home.  That alone is causing people to become short-tempered and testing their patience.

I suppose some men are like that and they use control and manipulation! “You’re not going out” etc! It works both ways I suppose some women are horribly needy and some men are. I think it’s a deep insecurity of the person it’s a problem of their own that they take out on the other person and a form of control.