Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 4 months ago

How can I find a suitable battery tender for a larger vehicle (like an RV)?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Mr.357
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

I would look online  I would get something better than a trickle charger if you are going to leave it plugged in for very long.  E-Trailers has a multitude of reasonably priced ones.  The better ones will charge the battery and then occasionally check the battery and then charge again if it needs charged.

• 4 months ago

Battery tenders usually put out 12 volts and 2 amps.

Do a search on line or go to an auto parts store, hardware store, or Fleet Farm to look at them.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • 4 months ago

Any tender will work so long as there's ZERO current draw while the vehicle is off. Might just put in one of those kill switches that hook up directly to the battery. You can open the circuit or switch when it is in storage while the battery tender is hooked up. That way you know there is no current draw to the ECM or radio when not being used.

• 4 months ago

Get one of those solar chargers from Harbor Freight Tools.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

If it is just to keep the battery charged, it does not really matter what size the vehicle is.  If you want it to keep the battery charged , and run the refrigerator, and the TV and.....,   Then you will have to do some calculating about how many amps you need.

• 4 months ago

Clore/Solar, Battery Tender and CTEK make very good battery maintainers.

• 4 months ago

What size battery tender do

It must have the minimum voltage to work. Let's say it's around 11.5 volts. When the tender detects that you've hit the lower threshold voltage, it will charge at 1.25A until you reach the maximum threshold voltage, let's say 12.9V

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.