promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Cathy
Lv 7
Cathy asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 months ago

How long do brussel sprouts keep?

I had groceries delivered, and instead of the frozen brussel sprouts I ordered I got fresh. I've never used fresh - how long will they keep? Should I keep them in the fridge till I use them?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

From what I googled, you can keep them in a plastic bag in your crisper, and they should keep roughly about a week to a week and a half.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

They can last up to a couple weeks or more in the fridge.

I take the stem end off, cut them in 1/2. Sometimes i put them in a bowl with a little water and cover with plastic wrap, then microwave til done. I just serve them with butter , salt, pepper. Other times i roast them in the oven. You can find a lot of recipes for brussels sprouts online, too. Google it

• audrey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Blanch em, drain em, and freeze them in plastic bags. But do it now, while they're still fresh.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They keep reasonably well for about a week (although they keep longer if they are still on the stalk or sprout as it is called). Fridge is good, but they don't last indefinitely: they can go bitter tasting if they are too old, but they usually look a bit manky by then.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.