Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

I have an eye infection but can't see a doctor because of Covid-19. What else can I do?

Hi,

I believe I've got quite a bad eye infection in my left eye, my eyelid is swollen and it feels gritty and it's getting more and more red, I did 5 days of over the counter antibiotic eye drops but I think they just made it worse. Is it possible that it could be STD related? Or a nerve problem that is permanent? I'm self diagnosing out of panic because I rung my GP and she said it was blepharitis but I'm not convinced, it hasn't improved at all and it's been over a week. Any advice would be so much help thank youuuu😭

Call your optometrist. There should be a way to make emergency contact with him or her. What you have is considered an emergency. If you have other COVID symptoms, your doctor may not see you and just send in a prescription.

• audrey

Could it be pink eye? Be very careful. I read somewhere on FB that pink eye was a rare symptom of the virus. Of course just because someone on FB said it does not make it true!