promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Are we alone in this universe ?

Often times we here about aliens in movies and stuff, there have not been any real evidence of any life outside earth, yet having our universe is so big that we can never know for sure. Do you think we are really alone or could there be life beyond our planet?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Absence of Proof is not Proof of Absence

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

If *we* are here in the Universe, 

there are others who are as well. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Of course, I don't know for sure. But I believe that probability favors extraterrestrial life. There are so many planets and stars and galaxies that it would be amazing if Earth is the only planet with life.

But we don't know how life began. It might have formed by a very rare coincidence of events. 

• 2 months ago

We are certainly alone.

Centuries of astronomical observation has never shown the least evidence of life up in outer space. Even SETI searched on tens of billions of radio channels for decades and found nothing, thereby successfully showing that we are alone. In fact the universe looks exactly as it would look if space aliens never existed at all.

If there a boogieman out there somewhere, then clearly it is much too far away to be detected.

However, many people seem to take some sort of psychological comfort from the concept of space aliens existing in a distant galaxy far far away. Fortunately for them, it is never possible to definitively answer the question of whether such esoterica exists due to the enormous size of the universe which guarantees that the vast percentage of it is totally inaccessible to our instrumentation. They can go on happily believing that anything they desire "must exist because of all the stars", and can never be proven wrong. Belief in space boogers is therefore a suitable new religion for those who prefer their religion to be couched in technobabble rather than Latin or Hebrew.

So to summarise: we have been proven to be alone. But it is impossible to prove one way or another what might or might not exist way out beyond observation range.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

the universe as we recently in cosmological time stretch observe,has been as we see it,for Cs of millions of years,human 2 leggers date from clumps on the continents about 200k years ago,,I E,we have been assiduously searching for  a short commercial length of time,during the universe  grand show,,,,,,there may be,,may have been for similar time lengths,they developed thrived for millions of years, went poof,blewem selves up,died of some democrat caused  flu virus,,moved off the home world for other far away lands,,thousands of exoplanets have been indirectly observed,,we do require more powerful instruments to observe these planets directly,,  still in the works,

• 2 months ago

There is some evidence of life on Mars and in the upper atmosphere of Venus, and several other bodies in this solar system would be suitable for life as we know it here.

• 2 months ago

Right now, all anyone has is conjecture and opinion... I happen to believe there is intelligent life out there, but... that is simply my opinion, and could be wrong. We'll have to wait for evidence (either way) to be discovered to answer this, so... keep an open mind.

• Robert
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You forgot about the aliens from the dark side of the Moon. 

Source(s): Apollo 18
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I think if aliens exist they are very very far away.

• 2 months ago

Why do you believe we actually live in a universe? That may be one of the biggest lies taught to humanity. What if the planets we see are just nothing but unique stars in the sky that just move around us every year. What if space really isnt expanding like we are taught and everything is fixed in one location as even our eyes tell us.

• Mike G
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Lunatic.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.