Marc asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

Why are France and Spain banning cycling and running? It sounds more like prison than lockdown.?

I used to be a cyclist and stopped and went to the gym instead so when the U.K closed all gyms I started cycling again.

I thought the whole point at the moment is to stay healthy so how is stopping people exercising going to help?

The purpose is to keep a social distance for 1.5 meters; otherwise, you should wear a face mask.

It was mainly because too many people were gathering to run & cycle in groups.  It's ok to go out for a cycle ride with members of your own family, my husband and son are doing this every day.  It's ok to go out running alone, best times are early morning or late evening.

Government and Medical advice is to keep away from 'strangers' and friends and family, unless you share a house.

If the minority are breaking the rules, they are being incredibly selfish for those of us, who are trying to follow the rules.

Life and death matter the decision to do so was hard

The whole point is being sensible. If the government says brief exercise, it’s for a reason. If everyone said let’s go out exercising 3-4 hours a day then the parks, woodlands, cycle tracks would fill up in no time and that’s not to mention all those covidiots who are knowingly b@llshetting when they use exercise as an excuse for sun bathing, picnicking and group gathering.

So yes, it’s hard, yes we have to sacrifice and yes we have to briefly exercise 

And for those who say * others * always someone else but themselves will be willing to cause civil unrest over community spirit, I doubt it. If you can’t even sacrifice a few weeks of your life indoors for your community I very much doubt you’d be willing to sacrifice your life in the cause of revolution 

• oscar2 months agoReport

I guess if you’re lucky enough to live in such an area, it’s just about being sensible and looking out for each other 

Take a look at the body counts in those countries.  That's why.

The ban won't last long as there will be civil unrest. The French won't sit back and take it like the sheep in the UK have with lockdown.

• oscar2 months agoReport

The implication of being opposite to a sheep is a wolf? Wolves work cooperatively as packs. Those selfishly breaking the lockdown couldn’t be further away from such magnificent creatures 

Exercise all you want, but stay in to do it. Use your brain!!! Suppose there was an accident, and the ambulance attendant that took care of the cyclist had been infected? Want to take that home along with your injuries? Or, even worse, the person in the accident has been infected and now has infected the ambulance attendant, who then goes on to take care of numerous others. This is the WHOLE POINT of physical distancing~ stopping as many points of contact as possible.

• ♥Sweetness♥

enjoying their sport, they have just as much of a right to the highway as any other vehicle, it is just that at this time, unneccesary risks should not be taken. 

• Jack H

It makes sense, more people were casually breaking the rules about social distancing, the tighter the regulations are, the faster they can be lifted. I am amazed how people think that this lockdown will either last forever, or, a week or two... three months minimum, get used to it, it's only three months...

• Green Brick

It's ok to have a whine, it is hard for all of us and whining helps ease the boredom, so many people are facing. Tho' I don't have much time for boredom, what with chores, YA, gaming, offering non electronic gadget alternatives to pass the time with the teens.  Glad I kept all those 'bored games'! 

The UK will do it soon I would predict. When people are outside there is more chance of infection - far too many people can't get with the social distancing to be sure it is working.

Because France and Spain have always been bloody places. The French and Spanish have killed and tortured many many people historically. So to them prison isn't so bad. Not a big deal compared to beheadings and impailings.

• Green Brick

For goodness sake don't be a racist knob head.