Crystal asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

should I keep my cat in cause of the corona virus?

ok since cats can pass corno virus to other cats is it best to not let my cat out.

• Anna

Build a catio (a big outdoor enclosure which will attach to your window or door) in your garden and let your cat go out in it, which will give it safe outdoor time in your garden, but the catio will make it physically impossible for the cat to wander off, which is what you want, to keep the cat safe from cars and psychopaths. If it is only going out in your garden it can't catch or pass on the virus.

Are you really this stupid or just a TROLL? You shouldn't be letting your cat out so it doesn't end up run over by a car or eaten by a coyote.

Of course you should keep it

Your cats should be kept indoors anyways.

Its actually ILLEGAL to let cats roam.. And roaming cats are PESTS

It is up to you, whether you decide to keep your cat or not. Put it up for adoption if you no longer want to keep it. cats are pets and our health (mental and physical) is more important.

• Crystal2 months agoReport

I didn't say I didn't want her I asked if I should let my cat stay and not go outside but I don't think ill feel comforble her peeing in doors and not going out I love my cat I couldn't give her up any way.

I wouldn't worry about it. But yes if you are worried keep the cat in.

The strain of Coronovirus is a different one to Covid 19.   Cats, and dogs for that matter, have their own set of viruses they might catch BUT they also have vaccine to protect them.

Cats can carry C-virus on their fur which means if they live with an affected owner, anybody touching one and then their nose/mouths MIGHT contract this via a cat, or other animal.

It would seem to be logical. It seems the virus can pass from people to cats

We don't knowvif it can go from cats to people as yet but it would be foolish to risk ot..