promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Was it a Russian spacecraft that fell in Roswell?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Only if they didn't tell anyone about less successful attempts to launch satellites before Sputnik 1.

• 2 months ago

No, it was a radar reflector.   Operation Mogul.  Classified at the time.

• Robin W
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

correction.  Project Mogul

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

It could have been a Russian plane. But I think it most likely was a Project Mogel balloon designed to spy on the Russian nuclear weapons tests. I see no evidence that it was alien. 

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Space Craft -  NO   --- Spy Plane (flying wing)  YES.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

They have Categorically denied it

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

First, there was no "Russian spacecraft" back then.  Even if there were from that area of the world, they would have been "Soviet spacecraft", as there was no "Russia" from 1918 to 1989.

What it was has been unproved.  When I asked a good friend of mine decades ago what he thought, he replied he was restricted from telling.  And he would know, since he wrote an analysis on aliens for the US government's "Majestic 12" paper in the 1950s.  He was a respected aerospace researcher, got the first aeronautical engineering degree ever given by Caltech.  Besides Arthur C. Clarke, noted author, James was first to predict space satellites launched by rockets, a decade before the USSR did it.  He had an opinion about TV cameras in space covering the whole Earth in North-South sweeps.

https://archive.org/stream/TopSecretTr-3bAstraDocu...

• CiberNauta
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Maybe they were already testing one as USA was... 

• 2 months ago

Nah.  It wasn't Russian. It wasn't even a spacecraft. It was balloon experiment that went wrong.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A decade before sputnik? Why wouldn't they claim that? It would have been massive to be that far ahead of the us in the space race

• CiberNauta
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Because they were all failed tests?... 

• 2 months ago

Either that or a balloon. Does it matter after all this time? Plenty of other aircraft have fallen from the sky Why get fixated on some non-event in a small town in redneck country?

• Joseph
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It was a Pepelats from the plant Pluke that crashed on Earth when its Gravitsapa run out of Luts.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.