promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous

Are Spaniards a bunch of non-white Moors?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

They used to be white but they mixed with Arabs and Mongols.

• John2 months agoReport

The Mongols never conquered Spain, The Mongols only reached as far as Eastern Europe. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yeah, they are basically a bunch of Arabs. Just don't tell that to a Spaniard. They will want to kill you.

• 2 months ago

No. But they are White tho

• 2 months ago

Moors are North African Arab-Berbers. Nothing about the Moors were Black. You only have to look at the historical images they were all Muslim Berbers & Arabs who conquered the Iberian Peninsula in 711. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

The Moors were (like north Africans in general) caucasoid, not nègroid. I just want to put that obvious fact out there before I begin. I've been to Spain and can say emphatically that the majority of Spaniards are white. There are a few non-whites like there are a few non-whites in every white nation. That can be explained by the slave trade and immigration.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

African Arabs did conquer Hispania. Both the Muslims and Catholics are allowed cross marry if someone converts

but I don't know how much that impacted their gene pool

Update @John - Catholics are absolutely allowed cross marry if the intended spouse converted. We know this happened during the Reconquista, it's documented.

• John2 months agoReport

Not true. Christians were enslaved in Hispania by the Muslims. The Muslims occupied Spain for 800 years. Cross Marriages weren't allowed by the Catholics. The Spanish peopel tried to rid themselves of the Muslim occupiers for 800 years. 

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Nope, the ones I've met are all whiteskinned

• 2 months ago

No they are Native Europeans 

@Kavya is an idiot she speaks out of her @rseMongols or Turkics NEVER conquered Spain 

• 2 months ago

No.  They are Caucasian, like other native Europeans.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.