Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

Should I see a doctor/dentist?

Kinda funny story but I was looking at funny photos with my BF where I laughed so hard and next minute I know, I can’t open my mouth wide without hearing a pop (sounding similar to a dislocation type pop) which hurt if I tried to open.

It was stiff for a while so my BF tried to move my jaw back “into place” as he noticed my jawline looked bumpy and when I forcefully closed it, it felt like I had a bad overbite (I have perfect teeth), and felt very tight around the back indicating swelling.

It seemed to correct itself after taking anti inflammatorys but still sorta clicks when I open.

My question is, should I still see a doc/dentist even though it feels okay now?

• k w

it's called, TMJ, find a Biological Dentist for a proper diagnosis...use [ yelp.com and zipcode to find one ]

Yes see a dentist.  Sounds almost like a trigger tendon but you need a dentist to diagnose this.