promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Carmen asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

Do I have to have a letter from my mom for my sister to travel with me?

So I want to take my sister to Disneyland either whenever this virus is over or next year, (probably next year since she starts kindergarten this September) she is 5 years old and my mom gave me permission to take her. Do I need a sign form from my mom for me to take my sister? (Yes I would be traveling by airplane) we also have different last names if that is even important for her to travel with me

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

You haven't told us how old YOU are. This is an essential point.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Human trafficking is at an all time high.  Yes, you should get a notarized letter from your sisters legal parents/ guardians acknowledging their permission to let her travel without them.  You also need permission to act in loco parent is for medical emergencies 

• 2 months ago

It would be a good idea to have a notarized statement along with permission to seek medical treatment.  Most likely won't need it but better to have and not need it than to need it and not have it

• MS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You won't likely need it for the airport.  But it's a good idea to have a written document stating that you have permission to take her with you, and that you have permission to seek any necessary medical treatment for her while you're away.  You just never know what kind of issue might arise, so it's better to have that documentation and not need it than to need it and not have it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yes, get confirmation in writing

• 2 months ago

If you’re at least 18 years old then you don’t need your mom’s permission. 

• Mamianka
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

You need permission to be responsible FOR YOUR SISTER.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.