Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 2 months ago

Which rapper is more influential: Drake or Future?

When it comeshaving the most original defined style, and influencing other rappers in their style, who is more influential. Drake or Future?

Even though Drake is more famous, I think Future is more original in style and theirs more rappers sounding like him than Drake imo

• blank

Future by far. Drake is basic. Future is more interesting to listen to. Which makes him more influential with his style.

• Tochi

Drake. People in the rap game want to be Drake. But the reason why Drake is so unique and original is because he went down A$AP Rocky’s Live Love A$AP path and found his own style. Drake is one of the most improved rappers in the game and has been winning since 2013. 

Future is super trash outside a few songs but he is also one of the better rappers of last decade. 

• Na Drake just steals styles from up-and-coming rappers and makes them more popular, he's a trend jumper.

Future is more influential to me. Drake kinda sounds like a light skin Wayne

• Wokaz

Despite the fact that Future is a terrible rapper, I cannot deny that many have tried to replicate his style. Using autotune as his vocal method was quite radical, but I do feel that T-Pain and Kanye West deserve the credit for pioneering it. I guess his "mumbling" was considered influential for a period, but rappers rarely even mumble anymore.

I do believe Drake is not only a better rapper than Future, but more influential as his style of rap-singing is very prominent in the game right now.

• EXZTNZ

Future is the father of mumble rap, that is the sound used in most hip hop today. Drake's style is more leaning to pop and he has his own pop fanbase but in hip hop he's not as influential as Future.

God do I have to pick? They're both💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩 but I'd say Drake is more respected and will be remembered a lot more than Future, who not that many people really take seriously as a rapper.

Future, Drake is bigger but i think Futures sound and influence is more prominent in younger artists

Will Smith.....