Is a work probationary period disrupted by being temporarily laid off because of covid?

I started a new job in January. The training shifts are paid, but the employee does not receive payment until completing a 90 day probation period. So essentially, if you quit before then or get fired then you will not receive payment for that training. This means that I will have completed my probation period this month and would be receiving that payment soon. My workplace has been closed for the last 3 weeks because of COVID and it is unclear when we will be open again. Does this mean that my probation period will be extended, since all employees were laid off temporarily? I would assume that I would still get that payment since I did nothing wrong, but now I am not sure

The probationary period stopped when you were laid off.  It will continue when they call you back to work, and you will continue as usual from that point.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.

u will not get any payment because u did not complete the training . the employer did not do anything wrong either,. it is force major.