ali asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

What breed is my puppy?

So I adopted my puppy Myron around a month ago. They said him and 2 others were strays. They also said he was around 15 weeks and was a Chihuahua Mix. The guy who owns the place told me he thinks he has Lab in him. I would like to know what he is or may be mixed with because he is very, very small. I have no clue what to expect. I have a cat and a Husky that's loves to play. I can't put Myron on the floor for long because my Husky, who try's to be gentle, accidentally plays a little rough as she's so big. My cat on the other hand is triple Myron's size. He attempts to scratch him so I have to keep him up... all the time. I keep hoping he gets bigger so I can have them together. He can't be mixed with a Lab when he's almost under 6 inches tall at 5 months. He is kind of long so maybe Dachshund? I really don't know but I would highly appreciate any other opinions I could get. :) 

could y'all stop HOUNDING her omg. there are so many people in this world with a cat and two dogs... the husky will NOT kill the fkn puppy are you serious? y'all sound absolutely insane, and stop making her feel like she did a bad thing adopting Myron. at a time like this, NO ONE, would get Myron and he would of probably stayed there for a long time. she obviously knew what she was getting herself into, so no it's not "WTF were you thinking", it's, good thing you took the time out of your day to adopt little Myron and he's in a much better environment now. puppies like Myron enjoy playing. for all we know, he probably enjoys it more than the Husky. i'm honestly excited for you girl! i just know they will all be friends in no time. also, now was a great time to get him, with all the corona virus stuff going around and everything shut down, you'll have plenty of time to care and train Myron so he'll treat your other pets well. there is absolutely no need to worry, so so so many other people have more pets than that and they all, after a while, get along. your husky will not kill Myron, if she is a house dog and hasn't killed your cat, then why on earth would she kill Myron. LMAO. people really know how to go over and above. it's bs and i'm sorry you had to read those comments. you'll be absolutely fine i promise 🥰. also, i did some research on the patterdale terrier and it actually does look like Myron! i find it does more than the chiweenie. it actually may be a mix between the two. this pic of the terrier looks so much like Myron i thought i would share. (also to show the people who are acting ignorant that more breeds look like Myron other than the chiweenie) :) 

There are dog DNA tests kits you a buy online and it will tell you exactly what your puppy is.

• ali2 months agoReport

I was gonna try that. Thank you!

• Maxi

Its is a mixed breed/mogrel

• fishy2 months agoReport

I think he could possibly be mixed with a dachsund

That dog appears to be a Basset Hound puppy. 

• patty

its the blue eyed

african

terrier

I'd agree - a Chihuahua/Dachshund mix.  BUT with mixes, some may favour one of the two breeds, others the other.  Mixes rarely 'breed true' in the same way purebred dogs do/should.

• Jack H

A daxuahahahahaha probably...

"Owns the place"? Adopted? Sounds like you bought a mutt from a backyard breeder. How the Hell can we know what he is if they don't even know? That Husky is likely to KILL this little mutt. WTF were you thinking???

It's a MUTT.  There's no way to know how big a mutt will get.

• Jenny2 months agoReport

Look- any mixed dog could be called a MUTT because mutts are MIXED DOGS!! and there’s nothing wrong with that. And wtf were you thinking writing a husky is likely to kill?! Have you ever even owned a husky?!

• PR

Keep Myron, the Cheweenie, in a dog cage while not supervising him. Introduce him slowly to the Husky. Give them treats while they sit in front of you. Make each dog sit, nicely, and take the treat nicely. Each must wait his turn, and each should get praise for this good behavior.

Teach the Husky to sit, when needed and teach him he cannot be rough with the smaller dog. If he plays roughly and Myron is not able to deal with it, make the Husky sit. Put a leash on the larger dog if necessary, and pull him into the sit. Praise him and give him a treat for sitting - even if you made him sit.

Take the two dogs for walks, together, if possible. Use two people if you can, since there is such a disparity between their sizes.

I am surprised the cat is trying to scratch Myron and especially since you already have a dog. Perhaps Myron is running up to the cat. You will need to teach Myron how to deal properly with cats, and that he should sit when in the presence of the cat, and NOT chase the cat. 

Eventually, these three ought to get along, and learn what each other can handle.

If the cat is frustrated with ANOTHER dog, put a gate where kitty can get away from the dogs, or purchase a tall cat tower. With the tower, the cat can climb high enough to get away from both dogs. A gate will also give him access to an area the dogs cannot get to. 

Myron may surprise you in learning how to play with both the Husky and the cat. He is very cute and will likely be a good playmate for the Husky once they get used to one another. Huskies are bred to get along with other animals.

Husky dogs and other animals:

https://www.cuteness.com/blog/content/do-huskies-g...

• ali2 months agoReport

Also I meant the Patterdale Terrier as a puppy. I have pics but it won't let me post them anymore.

• JonZ

I would agree that it is a Chihuahua/Dachshund mix. The pic below is from a site that calls them "Chiweenie" dogs.

https://www.dogbreedinfo.com/chiweeniephotos.htm

• ali2 months agoReport

Thanks so much for the feedback!

• Olive

Looks like black lab pup