Hairy asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

Any educated guesses how long international flights are going to be cancelled?

No 'guesses', however educated, are going to help anyone book a flight with confidence any time in the next few months.

I'm just thankful that they are cancelled for two reasons.  First:  International travel is helping spread this virus all over the world.  Second:  That it helps to reduce the air pollution that the myriad of flights (not just international) cause and it has drastically reduced the annoying noise pollution of the flights over my very rural ranch near Las Vegas.  I hope the cancellations last for a long time so I can enjoy the peace that I had 30 years ago.

Not before the end of may would be pretty certain. Then it would be a "lets see" situation. For all any of us knows it may be the end of July or more.

• Murzy

Through the end of May.

probably till the corona virus goes away

• ricky

Not sure an educated guess would be any closer than a regular guess. Seems like the brightest minds in the world are getting close to a breakthrough. My guess is it’s found in 30 days, and they will resume limited flights starting 30 days later. June 6 is my guess, and how appropriate, “D-Day”.

Nope. And it could vary from country to country when they do start up again, with flights to or from some countries allowed, but not others.