What would you do?

I live in a small studio and I have 5 big bags of clothes I dont need. Things that have been given to me or that I bought in the past and honestly its frustrating me at this point. I have so much clutter that I just want to simplify my life. Honestly it would be so easy to just dump all this stuff in the trash but at the same time I would feel guilty knowing theres people out there who are in need. The only thing is I dont know if it would be a good idea donating clothing during this Covid19 virus.  

I appreciate all your answers

• Stoo

Look around your community to see if thirft stores or donation boxes are open - here they aren't.  Perhaps a homeless shelter is accepting things?  Otherwise put them aside for a while until things open up and celebrate by dropping them off where you can drop them off - trash would be a waste. 

It's such a poor idea to donate during this crisis that all the thrift and second-hand stores in my area have closed, and even the local landfill has pleaded with people not to bring more garbage than usual.

• Squid

Just wait until the quarantine is lifted then donate them.  

trust Salvation Army to handle the CV19 issue.

you could donate it to a homeless shelter

• Stella

https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/health/coronavir...

It will vary by location but some thrift stores are still accepting donations with social distancing provisions.

It's recognized that many people are taken this time to clear out belongings and the stores that need donations don't want to miss out.