Target price for negotiating a 2019 Rav4?

I’ve come across this blue 2019 Rav4 Adventure AWD for 28,941 w/ 7,292 miles. I’m preapproved for 20,000 from my bank already. I’m seeking advice on a target price, according to Edmunds and Kbb it’s considered a good deal. My down payment limit is roughly 8000. Any advice is appreciated.

• Mr.357

Obviously it depends upon the condition.  I would say anywhere from $1,500 to $28,940.

When you say your downpayment is $8000, does that mean that you have more than $8000 to actually buy the car?  Because you have sales tax, licensing, registration, etc which even if you get the car down to $27K, it will probably be over $30K out the door.  Then you have insurance costs...

If you have that kind of money, you can look at the car...

If you don't have $10K+, time to move on.

• taylor2 months agoReport

I have over 10k to put down on it. Just trying to figure out what a target price is to reach when I go and negotiate.

You can buy a BRAND NEW car with $28,000.

• taylor2 months agoReport

This is basically new without the first hit of depreciation.. not losing all that money. Planning on trading in/private selling in 4 years or so before the second hit. Just trying to be smart about it.

That seems like a reasonable price.  You might aim for $28000.

If you manage to get to $26,000 , you have my admiration.