promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

How much do mechanics charge for new tail light ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Depends on the cost of the tail light. Some cost less than $100 and some can cost over $600 just for the part. Labor is extra.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

.. will generally be a good condition exact factory unit, prices may vary from different salvage places, some allow self removal, and at a savings, which is excellent because its removal practice;, and you can  and should get/keep the mounting hardware & bulbs, and, be careful of the plug 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Tail light assembly or just the bulb?

Every vehicle is different jojo.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • The biggest factor in pricing that is whether they need to add blinker fluid or not.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It depends on the car.  For mine, I could just buy a new assembly and put it in myself.  I needed a new socket recently, my mechanic charged me $20 (labor only).

• Eastside Guz
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

That's right. If you go to a dealership, you're looking at big bucks. Go to a self-service junkyard or send your (private) mechanic. You can also go to an auto dismantler for a slight discount if you have a late model car or pickup.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

$70-100 an hour plus parts.

• 2 months ago

To change a light bulb, you shouldn't hire a $100/Hr professional. To change a light fixture, $100/Hr, plus parts- and the parts price will be marked up.

• bo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

depends on the shop labor rate, if they find a used, new from dealer, or aftermarket assembly

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Depends on the type of vehicle, which light, which mechanic, etc.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.