how can i get buried at sea?

ive always had this wish, here in england that when my time comes, i'd like my body to be buried at the high seas, maybe off the coast of cornwall near the scilly isles somewhere, where the sea winds and seagulls are,..... be buried deep in the atlantic.

i'm a man aged 42 and wonder how i could make that happen when my time is near?

There are only 3 sites around the UK that are designated for burial at sea.  For anywhere else, you will have to do your research and fulfill certain criteria.  More information on the link:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-get-a-licence-f...

you would need to die first

• Clive

What does this have to do with travel?  And why are you asking again?  I've answered you before - you can only have it done in designated places to be sure your coffin doesn't interfere with shipping, the coffin must be heavily weighted and drilled full of holes to make sure it sinks, and any funeral director will be able to arrange this or point you in the right direction.  Now stop asking the same question over and over again.

• Tavy

Not going to happen. We don't want dead bodies polluting our lovely blue seas in Cornwall. You can have your ashes scattered at sea, something my husband has asked for, so I will go on a fishing boat and throw him over the side. hopefully the wind will be off shore.

That is not going to happen a burial at sea can only happen in a

designated site.

• John

Here in California there are mortuaries who will deal with remains in any legal way, whatever the person wishes. I have no doubt such places exist in the UK. Not an unreasonable desire. It needs to be done in certain ways because we just can't have bodies washing up on beaches. Which is not a joke, clearly.