promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

I roll my window up but it comes down on it own ?

Update:

I get it to stay up by quickly pushing the button down as it rolls up but unless I do that it won’t stay up and roll down. WHY??  It only rolls down soon as it closes all the way

Update 2:

Fords are so lame. I’m so done with fords

Update 3:

Thanks holding the switch thing worked

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

2 things I can think of.  Have you disconnected your battery or has it died recently?  Auto up/down windows in many cars must be "reprogrammed" to work properly after the battery is disconnected or dies.  To reprogram the windows, put the window all the way down by holding the switch down and hold it down for an additional 10-15 seconds after the window has gone fully down.  Then put the window up and hold the switch up for an additional 10-15 seconds once the window is fully up.  Doing this forces the system to re-learn the up/down limits of the window.  After this, try the window again and see if the problem is solved.

If the above doesn't solve the problem, then I'd suspect your window switch is faulty.  To test the window switch, replace the suspect window switch with a window switch for another window.  If the window works with a different switch installed, then replace the faulty window switch and you should be good to go.  Good luck.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

You should have the window checked.

• 2 months ago

Cool, that would keep you busy and kill some time while driving long distance. Something is loosey goosey in the mechanism inside the door.

• 2 months ago

hand crank or power..............

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

If you're talking about a newer vehicle that drops the window about a quarter inch when opening the door and closes it when the door is closed and now it comes down that quarter inch after the door is closed the motor needs to be reprogrammed.

If it's not one of these windows that does that to save the weatherstrip the window regulator is filing and needs replacement.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Replace the motor assembly.  Limit switches inside the assembly is bad.

• CB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You have a switch problem not a FORD problem. Fix the f-ing switch - easy peasy....OR buy a chevy and enjoy electrical issues that make the window switch seem like a bug bite while walking through a yellow jacket nest

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.