Why does being a guitar player make me egotistical?

I literally feel above everyone because I have 11 years of experience on the six string, and it's obvious that so many people cannot play what I can. Even all my friends in high school stated "your a god" "you can kick all my friends ***" multiple times cause I worked so hard on being a good player half of my life.

And I hate feeling this way because I am not rich or anything. 

And Its also an inferiority complex because I don't like annoying people with string noises.

Alright, so no one likes being put below me in terms of musical ability. That just means ur all anonymous losers. 🖕🖖

• Emdog

Even Jimi Hendrix, best ever in my opinion, said there was someone better than him. People will remember how you treat them, how you are you long after they can remember how well you played

• Cogito

Possibly because you imagine that being able to do one thing better than most, makes you a better person.  It doesn't.

It's great that you have a talent and have worked so hard to develop it, but there are far more important things in life.  

Someone not being able to play the guitar (or any other instrument) does NOT make them a loser or inferior to you in any other way.

Try to get this into perspective and be realistic!

you're, not your. You're clearly not an English grammar god. Maybe you should pay more attention in school.

Your village is missing its idiot. Go home, for some reason they want you back.

• Emdog

Great you put in the work, and thumbs up on willing to share this. There will always be someone better than you, someone worse. Really great guitarists are humble because they know they don't know it all

Well, everybody likes to feel special in some way, and a good guitar player IS special. The think to keep in mind is that nobody likes an egotist. Your "fans" probably are thinking "That Hamstern can sure play guitar...but he's a bit too egotistical about it." Just try to keep it in perspective. No matter how good you think you are, there's always going to be better players out there. Guaranteed. I hope you can come around to enjoying your music.....not the feeling of superiority it gives you.

Evidently because playing the guitar well is what matters to you most, so you place a higher importance on that skill than other, likely more important, skills. 

Like knowing the difference between "your" and "you're", among several other editorial comments I could make about your post. 

Doing one thing well is admirable, especially if you've practiced and made the effort to nurture your talent. 

That does not mean that you are the only one with a talent, however. Plenty of guitar players need drummers, pianists, heck, even Andres Segovia played with an orchestra now and then. 

• Hamstern2 months agoReport

Maybe English is more important than guitar, but guitar is harder to mantain your finger strength. Your calluses go away if you stop playing.

Good for you that you got a bunch of male groupies. That up and down motion with your hand should come in handy. 

• Hamstern2 months agoReport

Don't get jealous or anything. It's not like I am banging multiple chicks or driving expensive cars. Rn I just barely practice in my room, wishing I had more money for repairs.